Back when the PROVIDE Shop opened in September 2012, we launched the PROVIDE Paper, with issue 001 focusing on creative talent in and around Digbeth. We're now excited to begin collecting submissions for issue 002, which will be themed Choose Adventure.
What does adventure mean to you? Experimenting with new materials? Traveling to dangerous places? Leaving behind everything you know to start something completely new? Whatever the word adventure inspires in you, we can't wait for you to share it with us.
Everyone is welcome to submit work; if it can be printed, it will be considered. We've already had photography, illustration, poetry and paintings, but if you've got something else in mind, go for it!
After the great response we had to issue 001, we're going to ask that all submissions for this issue are created specifically for the PROVIDE paper, on the theme of Choose Adventure. This will ensure that we get the best possible publication, and that there's not too much recycling of previously published projects. After all, we prefer moving forward to looking back.
All work should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your file is over 10MB, please use a file transfer service like wetransfer.com
Images should meet the following specs:
• jpg/tiff/ai/eps/print-ready pdf
• Any text should be embedded/outlined
• Images should measure between 210mm x 297mm and 598mm x 370mm
Written work can be up to 1,500 words and should be attached to your email as a plain text file - not included in the body of the email.
Please bear in mind:
• Previous contributors are welcome to submit work again, although priority will be given to those who have not already been featured
• You will retain the copyright to all your work at all times
• We had a huge response the first time around, and we are hoping to receive loads of fantastic work this time too. This does mean that we won't be able to publish everything we receive, so please don't be disheartened if your work doesn't make it to print. We are grateful for everyone who takes the time to create something for us.
• To give yourself the best chance of being included please make sure to follow these submission guidelines carefully. Any work that arrives by carrier pigeon, Facebook message, etc., will not be considered.
Submissions should arrive by 5pm on Friday, 14 June.